Walking Through the Valley

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corey Ten Boom

Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart and trust not in your own understanding- Proverbs 3


I've lately found myself in a place I really do not like. I recognize this morning that I have been putting my trust in things that will always prove to fail me and I've been believing things that are not true. I've found insecurities rising and my thoughts about myself getting more and more negative. When in reality, if I focus on truth, that is what God has given me and blessed me with then I see that I am just being a complaining brat who is foolishly listening to voices that are not of God. Part of the reason I have been so easily drawn to this way of thinking is because I have not been filling my mind with the truth of God's word. This post and blog is centered around "Walking Through the Valley" and in essence that just means the waves of life. Sometimes we find ourselves in a very rich and full season of life and in other times a season of pain and suffering, or maybe confusion or just feeling lost. Though the valleys I cannot control, there is one thing that I can- and that is my trust in the Lord that he will fulfill his promise to me and that is to always be faithful in my life. I may move, I may change, I may run away from him and rebel to fulfill my own desires, but he stays the same and will never turn away from me regardless of how much I sin. His love is pure love, one we will never be able to fully comprehend until we are actually in his presence.

My prayer and focus is that I would stop listening to voices that are not of God. I do not believe in a loving God who whispers "your not good enough." And those are the voices I have been choosing to listen to and believe. So my prayer is that I would only believe in the truth of God and only trust the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

A Need for Change