A Need for Change

I've not blogged in years and truthfully, I only did it for myself. Journalism was sort of a hobby that helped me focus on improving myself and clinging to the positive. It also helped keep me motivated and in dedicated to my spiritual life, fitness life and health. I've noticed through the past couple years these areas are not as exciting in my life anymore, so this morning I sat at the table, did my devotions and wrote up a list of areas I wish I improved in drastically. 

These areas include: 

Spiritual Goals 
Financial Goals 
Health and Fitness Goals 
Organization Goals 
Mental Health Goals 

Just about every part of what makes me a human, I feel is in an uproar these days. Three years ago I found myself truly thriving on life. My relationship with the Lord was solid and growing stronger. My physical fitness life was booming- I was getting stronger, faster and more fit every day. I ate healthy. I hardly ever drank. The financial peice was never that strong, but I at least made efforts. My mental health (anxiety, fear, depression), was there, but because of my relationship with the Lord it I felt more free from those feelings. 

I'm learning that you truly need to take control of each area of your life, or you are going to end up in a dark pit miserable and bitter. I don't want this to happen. I have always desired being a light to others, being happy and positive. Seeing the good in the world because there is just too much bad to focus on. 

That being said, this is my first step and attempt toward back to a positive mindset and healthy lifestyle. 

Things I want to accomplish during this goal:
- Healthy food habits
- Daily workouts (hard or moderate) 
- Financial awareness 
- Organization both at home and work 
- Positive words and thinking
- Prayer throughout the day
- Bible readings each night 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Walking Through the Valley