Sunday

Today was a great day. I got a chance to get away (not trying to rhyme here). Me and a couple friends decided to take an impromptu trip to Busch Gardens today and it was a great time. I haven't been in years so seeing all of the new attractions was neat. The new roller coasters were crazy! I have to say those moments really make you see how small you are and how not-in control you are of life. The feeling of sitting in that roller coaster seat praying the buckle is bucked correctly and the air pressure of the harness doesn't go. It's a similar feeling when I step on an airplane and I'm thousands of feet in the air. It's difficult putting my trust in this person who quickly comes and tugs on my seat harness and/or pilot steering that plane. However, in those moments I'm talking to God. And these days, whatever it takes to get me talking to the Lord more, I'm all about it. Communication is needed in any relationship or you lose that relationship. Today I was thankful for a safe and fun day with friends. I'm thankful I'm healthy and loved by people in my life. While leaving one of the rides, a little girl with leukemia was getting on and she had the prettiest smile on her face filled with excitement and joy. Just thinking about how selfish I am and the things I worry about in life, then seeing a girl like that truly living in the moment enjoying every breath and not wasting any of it on fears. It was pretty humbling to see. I want to be more like that little girl, and I'm thankful I saw her. I didn't know her name however I'll nickname her Furry. It fits well as we had went on Falcons Furry. Today I didn't worry about how I looked, what I ate or if I worked out. I just made today a day of fun and excitement and I'm thankful for that.

Lord I pray for Furry, I want to thank you for her life. I pray hard for the doctors wisdom and I pray hard for her family to find strength and faith and trust in you. Lord I lift them up to you and I pray that you would heal her and use her life to glorify you and your kingdom. Thank you Lord. Continue to humble me and give me a heart and mind pleasing to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Through the Valley

A Need for Change